Sunday, July 12, 2009

a lazy Sunday

We spent the day doing practically nothing, which was really nice. This morning we all slept in, had Chris's famous pancakes, then headed over to Area 1. It was my first time to drive off base, and I was shocked and elated that it really was pretty easy. Area 1 is about 5 min away and holds the furniture area, various other areas, and the library. The highlight of my day being, of course, the library. Since you all know what a book geek I am, can I just say that I could live there and be perfectly happy! They have an entire section devoted specifically to Italian history and culture. I've never read Dante's Inferno, so checked it out. Can't wait to sink my teeth into that one.
It may be urban legend, but I've read several different places that the modern Italian language is began through the writing of Dante. Many Italians boast that it must be the most beautiful language in the world since it is the only one formed by a poet, and not just any poet.
After that we detailed Chris's new car. It was fun to get it all bright and clean, feels like ours now. Let me tell you, I could get into trouble with a car like that. It is a blast to drive.
Not much else is happening today. I'm sitting here typing with a mint julep next to me (thanks again Lindsay!), more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment