Wednesday, May 12, 2010

When it rains...

As every mil spouse knows, the minute your spouse goes TDY, everything goes wrong. This past week while Chris was gone...the kids were sick, then I was sick, Liz's fish died, the dryer broke, it rained every day, I had mid-terms and projects due..I could go on and on about how everything that should have gone right that week just didn't.

Or I could talk about how the rain has made our newly planted garden go nuts.


The hours and bruises from the battle between the rocks and the rototiller may have been worth it, the scorpions still have some room to make up for. We now have everything from tomatoes and cherries, to carrots and radishes working their way quickly to our table. (I threw in the picture of the woodpecker as a bonus, the garden is just not that exciting.)

I could talk about what a wonderful time we had with my cousin Kara who took the time to visit during her tour of Europe.



(More pictures to come later)

I could tell you how sweet my husband was to get pictures and stories from friends at MAFB, it makes them seem a little less far away.

Most of all I could say that after weeks of people traveling the globe, tornadoes, volcanic ash, illness and who knows what else..at this moment in time all the people I care about are safe. It makes the past week seem pretty good after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment